Search Engine Optimization- The Truth
Search engine optimization is the process of achieving top rankings in the search engines for a website's most relevant search terms. The most relevant search terms are the phrases that people are most likely to type into a search engine when looking for what the website has to offer. These are the search terms that it is essential to rank highly for, and these are the search terms that search engine optimization targets. Search engine optimization is a constantly changing field. Knowledge and details play a huge role. An SEO professional determines what the search engines algorithmic variables are. The website is engineered so that it can be crawled and indexed for later retrieval. This is done in a fashion that makes it easier for the search engine to determine what search terms the web page is relevant for. Sounds simple right? The main challenge of an SEO professional is to effectively aid both the search engine and the company whose website they are optimizing for in returning relevant results. Relevant results equal targeted traffic. Targeted traffic, simply put, increases a company's return on investment. It is incumbent upon the SEO professional to stay abreast of the latest changes in the search engine algorithms. All a person needs to do is figure out the algorithm and essentially, a person can engineer a page to be the most relevant and top returned page for any term searched for. The Steps”
1. Select your main search terms.
2. Allocate each search term to a suitable existing page. Split some pages if necessary.
3. Organize the internal linkages and link text to suit the target search terms and their pages.
4. If possible, organize links from other sites to suit the target search terms and their pages.
5. Organize all the on-page elements to suit each page's target search term.
6. Sit back and watch your rankings improve! Here's the catch. When a person is able to break down this process into one hundred simple, easy to maneuver variables, and given the competitive marketplace, and the obvious advantages that high search engine rankings can supply to a company, it invites abuse otherwise known as search engine spamming. The shady website optimizer is able to manipulate and affect the core virtue of what a search engine company stands for, that being the return of relevant search results. The reason Google is able to maintain and improve upon its search results relevancy, is that they closely guard their algorithm and PageRank™ formula along with changing the variables often. This results in a constant state of flux between search engine optimizers and the search engines themselves. In a perfect world, companies like Google would be able to freely give away the variables in its algorithm and work in harmony with SEO professionals in an effort to bring optimal results to all search engine users. There is too much at stake and a top ranking for a given search term can mean the difference between a highly successful company and a complete failure. This is what fuels the corruption and deceptive practices that many spammers employ. This breeds intense competition between the forces of legitimate optimization and those who are bent on deception. SEO Takes TIME! SEO's timeframe depends on a number of factors. Part of this involves the accuracy of keyword phrase choices: is the keyword phrase one your visitors would use to find your product or website? If your keyword phrases are targeted to your audience, you will gain optimum results. Did you use Paid Inclusion (PFI) and/or PPC (Pay Per Click) services? The best combination for success involves using a combination of SEO, Paid Inclusion and PPC services. If you do not use Paid Inclusion or PPC, using organic SEO only, it takes more time to achieve results.
Search Engine Optimisation Articles
Search Engine Optimisation Books
Search Engine Optimisation